Thursday, March 5, 2009

This Morning at my Place


I put on side one of Bowie's '77 album, Low. Side one is on my list of things that are good in life.

Two times -- during "Speed of Life" and again during "Always Crashing the Same Car" -- my kid was compelled to get down from the breakfast bar and dance madly around the house.

I think I'll be happy all day.

But I didn't join him. I was waiting for coffee.

The thing about those songs -- they're all top and bottom and stuff at the sides. The middles are perfect absences. They're what you move through when you dance around the house.

2 comments:

Conor Robin Madigan said...

Those were some of the biggest moves--synthesizer moves--a warm album.

Scott Garson said...

good point: i think you can almost forget that the synth is there on that album because it's so unsynthy -- none of that eighties math factor....