Tuesday, December 15, 2009

C Y I Dub The Collagist Best New Mag


The Collagist made my sort of eclectic list of 2009 Best Of's @ BIG OTHER.

The new issue is the flash fiction special. It includes winner and finalists of the FF contest, as judged by Kim Chinquee (Todd Cantrell, Stace Budzko, Chella Courington, and Kristine Uyeda), plus vsf by Jim Ruland, Jennifer Howard, Lindsey Merbaum and me. Haven't read beyond the fiction yet, but I can vouch for these stories. Like most Collagist fiction, each seems to open according to its own unique DNA.

My cont.: a short plus three micros from the American Gymnos project, a southern set. The short is called "A Note on the Lyrics." Probably I'll say more about it on the Collagist blog later. For now, big thanks to Matt and Steven and crew.

1 comment:

BLAKE BUTLER said...

thanks for the Ever shoutout Scott. that made me feel good. hope you are good as well.